View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 03:01 AM   #8
R.B.

Re: Coronavirus - is low vitamin D a factor - vitamin D and respiratory conditions

Vitamin D deficiency: a factor in COVID-19, progression, severity and mortality? – An urgent call for research https://www.mitofit.org/images/e/ec/...fit_200001.pdf

Start I suggest with Fig 2 page 11 "Graphical representation of; total COVID-19 deaths, and serious / critical cases at 20th March, 2020, plotted against: vitamin serum 25OHD3 levels (nmol/L); % number of persons deficient in vitamin D <25 nmol/L Vitamin 25OHD; across a range of countries; based on data sources and studies as listed in table 1. "

and Fig 1 page 6

The above thread lead me, with assistance from my co-author Amrita, to write a hypothesis paper on the subject of vitamin D and COVID-19.

I am happy to share a preprint with you – a paper will in due course be
submitted to a journal –

Hoping for some media attention at some point.

It is in the public domain so please feel free to circulate – done in just over a week – including reformatting by them as a preprint – worked crazy hours almost every day - so please forgive minor errors and typos – I had problems connecting to the note system Mendely so part was manually noted - and Amrita by then had prior work commitments – - at the end of the day I felt it was important to get this online - and everybody at Mitofit went out of their way to get this online quickly - typological errors are mine - this has not been peer reviewed - and I am not a PhD - have asked be removed twice !

The issue is beginning to be looked at in Italy.

Initial unpublished results suggest those recovering form COVID-19 have higher vitamin D

Coronavirus, studio dell'UniversitÃ* di Torino: assumere più vitamina D per ridurre il rischio di contagio

https://torino.repubblica.it/cronaca...gio-252369086/

I primi dati raccolti in questi giorni indicano che i pazienti ricoverati presentano una elevatissima prevalenza di Ipovitaminosi D

Last edited by R.B.; 03-28-2020 at 07:47 AM..
R.B. is offline   Reply With Quote