View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 03:48 PM   #2
babysandpiper

Re: Numerous Vaccine Trials

I was blessed to be invited and able to participate recently in one of the Her2+ vaccine w/adjuvent trials in the link 'lizbeth provided. This Trial is an exciting and ongoing Phase I/II study at the University of Washington in Seattle, Wa called:

Ampligen w/Vaccine Therapy for Stage II-IV HER2-Positive Breast Cancer
Phase I-II Study of HER2 Vaccination with poly(I) Poly(C12U) (Ampligen®) as an Adjuvant in Optimally Treated Breast Cancer Patients

The results of my trial will be available to me in about a month, to let me know whether my immune system generated a response to the particular dose of Ampligen I was randomly assigned to along with the Her2 Vaccine. I am hoping my immune system generated a response, but even more, I am just happy and excited to have been able to participate and be a part of something that might help ladies down the road, much in the way that ladies who came before me, especially those who paved the way in trials of Herceptin, helped me!

"This randomized phase I/II trial studies the side effects and best dose of Ampligen when given together with vaccine therapy and sargramostim (GM-CSF) to see how well it works in treating patients with stage II-IV human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2)-positive breast cancer. Vaccines made from synthetic HER2/neu peptides may help the body build an effective immune response to kill tumor cells that express HER-2/neu. Our group has developed vaccines against the HER2 protein that create immune responses and in this study we are researching different ways that we may be able to make that immune response even better. Adjuvants are one way to help vaccines produce stronger immune responses. Our group has typically used the adjuvant GM-CSF and in this study we would like to look at another adjuvant called Ampligen. Giving vaccine therapy together with Ampligen and/or GM-CSF may be an effective treatment for breast cancer."

For more details and to see if you qualify for this particular trial click on the links below.

http://www.seattlecca.org/clinical-t...CT01355393.cfm

http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/sh...cr=Open&rank=2
babysandpiper is offline   Reply With Quote