View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 03:59 PM   #1
jones7676

Location: I live in Christmas, MI - located on the shores of Lake Superior.
Post A little Change in my info

Update:

Went and met with the anesthesiologist and the doc again today and met with the physcian's assistant instead. It is a good thing that I had many questions ready. He told me my doctor would not be doing the surgery if he didn't think it would help me and/or save my life. (not just a make your life a little longer move which was my fear)

Based on the scan picture the tumor "looks" like cancer and not just a scar tissue. He is planning to take it all and not have to leave any, but it is a little more wrinkly from growing larger. As it turns out they will test a sample of tumor and I will only receive the wafer if it is the proper chemical match.

If I can tolerate it , I will be awake through the entire second half of the operation so that he can "test" as he is getting it out and not injure me and that I should be able to handle them putting the cap back on awake. The symptoms might get worse after if I swell a lot so do not be alarmed. And possibly I may need some speech therapy.

He had no problem with me checking into having Gamma Knife, spot radiology etc. done to what remains (if any) or grows back in Chicago at a later time.

I told him how nervous and scared I was and he said I can call any time this week end and "cancel" myself out if I want. I'm afraid to wait too long and make things worse...........tough decisions and input from those of you who understand is welcome!

Barb

10/03 Radical Mastectomy 3 cm tumor - 1/17 Nodes Stage II B, Her 2 +++ ER-/PR- 11/03 4 AC 4 Taxol 12/05 Stage IV - Lung met , Bone mets - Carbo, Taxotere, Herceptin 9/06 - 2 cm brain tumor 10/06 - Tumor removal surgery - Herceptin Halted 12/06 gamma knife tumor base.1/07 Navelbine/Herceptin 4/07 Rads to R femur 5/07 Stereotactic - new 2 cm brain tumor 4/07 Start Xeloda 5/07 Tykerb added 7/07 Brain MRI clean 10/07 .055 cm brain met found. 12/07 Stereotactic -1 cm brain tumor Start Tykerb 11/07 Abraxane/Herceptin 5/08 Cisplatin, Gemcitabine/Herceptin 6/08 Stereotactic to 1cm 9/08 Stereotactic repeat (growth). 11/08 Pet Scan Good but new tiny met on L lung/dead Brain surgery (no cancer cells found/scar tissue) 1/09 Chemo restarted 2/09 Pet Scan Bad - R larger very active/active L active lymph nodes both sides of chest MRI- mets slight increase 2/09 Start Doxil/Tykerb Treatment
jones7676 is offline   Reply With Quote