View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 08:54 AM   #5
jra40

Re: Working thread - what do you think the HER2+ standard of care should be really?

For survivors & aftercare: I think there should be primary care doctors assigned to HER2+ patients for aftercare. I know I am so frustrated with my aftercare, I think it's been harder for me after treatment trying to get my body healed and having a doctor who understands all that I've been through. The only doctors that seem to know anything about my type of cancer is my oncologist and breast surgeon but they are only available at specific times like 6 month or yearly checkups. I have met with so many primary care doctors and all of them have no clue on what HER+ cancer is - I find myself schooling them on this disease. We should also be told the effects of diet and cancer and be given nutritional maps to follow - I agree with Agness on the need for integrative medicine.
3/15/11 - Began weekly Taxol/Herceptin infusions along with 750mg of Tykerb taken by mouth daily
6/28/11 - Finished last cycle of Taxol
7/27/11 - Breast MRI shows tumor has dissolved, remarkable reaction to chemo
8/31/11 - Lumpectomy, Sentinel Node biopsy. Node negative, clear margins, 7mm of cancer left over from chemo.
10/05/11 - Started radiation, 5 days a week for 7 weeks.
11/8/11 - Finished radiation
3/21/12 - Last Herceptin!
3/26/12 - Port removed!
Tamoxifen for 5 years
8/4/15 - Hysterectomy & bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy. Due to large fibroids. No cancer!
8/8/15 - Started Arimidex
jra40 is offline   Reply With Quote