View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 12:19 PM   #63
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Re: Why i take supplements

Hi Kathy!

No, I don't take TUMERIC. Whenever possible I would add the

spice to what I'm cooking (which admittedly is kind of not

happening).

When I google/goggle any supplement alllll the webmd and

other medical sites tell you not to take supplements as there

is not enough known, blah, blah. I've been encountering this

for decades! It infuriates me. Just saying.

Without my longgg list of supplements, meditating daily, talking to my body and instructing it to keep me HEALTHY AND WELL, NO MORE CANCER several times throughout the day -- I would not be where I am. It's just foolhardy to tell me that I am a miracle (as my docs do consistently) and not investigate why this miracle occurred. I do believe it's far more than luck. It's resolve, unflinching determination, remaining open to offering and accepting LOVE and kindness, compassion and understanding. Seeking to be strong and brave.

I've always seen myself as being on a path, and through the 10 yrs of chemo and all that entails I would always summon the strength for that victory lap...

Livestrong has some good advice I find.

Check out this article.

Recommended Dosages for Turmeric | LIVESTRONG.COM

Tumeric's anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties

make it a great candidate for helping a variety of diseases.

Dr. Christiane Northrup (WOMEN'S BODIES, WOMEN'S

WISDOM) says -- THE ROOT OF ALL BODILY DYSFUNCTION

IS -- INFLAMMATION.

I believe this!!!

And, I view cancer as a bodily dysfunction (vs a thing to

reviled and hated).

To me, negative energy is of absolutely no use in working

toward to becoming victorious, or in any endeavor or challenge

we wish to undertake.

Hugs,

Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote