Thread: My sister
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 10:40 AM   #7
Kathleen09

Re: My sister

Hi Joni! What a nice surprise and how sweet you are to check in! I never got a notification that you wrote this message on 4/18. I have to tell I often think of you. Your first message to me in March I think it was... in particular gave me such strength that day when I was so scared and sad. I in turn was able to give that strength to her. I think of you every time I know she just needs to vent and I need to listen (following your wise advice) and I thought of you the first time I made her a healthy meal (another piece of wise advice)...I made her soup. She loves soup and loved the one I made. It's a lentil and swiss chard soup and its really delicious. If it sounds good to you I'm happy to send you the recipe.

Her surgery went well - although they determined the cancer was in 4 nodes and in one it came out of the casing slightly. But the good news is that her margins are clear and she recovered like a champ! We just went to her oncologist on May 1st - what a nice man. She will most likely start chemo at the end of this month.

When the pathology came back it was a dark day for her. She was so sad and it was the hardest day to date for her. The next day she told me that she woke up and wrote herself a note to Take the Bull by the Horns. And she did...she picked herself up and fought though her sadness. When she told me I was in awe of her. So I went on line and found a small bull stuffed animal...I wrapped him up and wrote her card saying how strong she was and how proud I was that day when she told me that she wrote herself that note and that this stuffed animal bull would be our mascot during this journey...so whenever she got scared or down and out he would be a reminder that we need to keep taking the bull by the horns and we'll beat this thing hands down and send it back where it came from.

Thank you again for checking in, Joni. I even told my sister about you. It's amazing how we all can impact each others lives even as complete strangers isn't it.

Talk soon,
Kathleen
Kathleen09 is offline   Reply With Quote