View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 05:58 PM   #1
grandma2

results of 5FU test

just wanted to let you know that the results of my recent 5 FU toxicity test came back as low risk. so that means i'm not missing the enyzmes to metabolize xeloda. onc concluded that because of my autoimmune diseases i'm super sensitive to it. this has happened to me in the past with other meds as well as exagerated se's or se's that aren't supposed to happen. so for now i'm going to continue on the 1000mg daily...i do wonder if that's enough to do anything. we're going to do markers and then next month another pet/ct. my cea was the first thing last nov. to indicate that i had mets so i guess it's accurate for me. after the next cycle we'll try increasing to 3 pills daily. even on the 1000mg i do have constant se's. i wonder if the diarhhea will ever go away even though it's much less. i'm losing weight because i can't eat much at all. we talked about other combinatons ie herceptin with tykerb. it seems that since i'm on medicare, they will only pay for drugs that are fda approved and that combo is not yet approved. they tell me that if medicare won't pay then my other insurances won't pay either. since i can't afford to pay for this out of pocket i guess i have no choice. so that's it. take care, gm
grandma2 is offline   Reply With Quote