View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 10:48 AM   #1
sddinkinsmom

hysterectomy/ooph..to change to AI

I am 37yr. old and my ER score was 8 and PR score 8. With tamoxifen for 7 months and cont. to have very frequent periods. Have had 2 uterine biopsy's both negative, but thick wall. Ovaries working overtime. They would like to do a total hysterectomy, bilat. oophorectomy. I have had a hard time with the tamoxifen, terrible mood swings.....all over the board. Has anyone felt better after a oophorectomy/hysterectomy after having a very hard time on tamoxifen? I am very worried I will feel worse. There was talk of Lupron, but with U/S results and ovaries working so hard, and high ER, PR scores the recomend this. Anyone else?

Jan. 15th 2014Dx with Her 2 + ER+ PR+ entire right breast tumor..10cm in craniocaudal dimension.
Grade 3.
Right axillary lymph node 2.3 cm. and biopsied positive for HER 2. Multiple enlarged right lymph nodes. Enlarged lymph node in pectoralis muscle.
Jan. 2014 PET scan done, no other organ involvement.
29 Jan. 2014 Port placed, 1st round of neo-adjuvent chemo started. Perjeta, Herceptin and taxotere.
April 2014 Admitted to hospital for pneumonia/sepsis.
13 June 2014 bilat. mastectomy.
18 July 2014 start 5 weeks radiation.
18 Aug. 2014 start tamoxifen.
Oct. 2014 Frequent periods, every 2 weeks. Uterine U/S and biopsy. Biopsy negative.
Dec. 2014 dx with lymphedema.
Dec. 2014 right arm infection to lymph system.
23 Jan. 2015 Last dose of Herceptin.
6 Feb. 2015 last reconstruction surgery.
March 2015 lymphedema with a right hand cellulitis.
March 2015 still having frequent periods every 2-4 weeks. Another uterine U/S and biopsy. OBGYN and Oncologist recomend ovaries removed. OBGYN would like to do a total hysterectomy.
sddinkinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote