View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 08:25 PM   #28
karen z

Re: 12 years, but who is counting?

Hi Steph,
I have now taken three classes and really loved two (good teachers are helpful). I will keep taking art classes and have decided to initially take shorter classes to see if I enjoy the type of art as well as the teacher and then move into longer classes over several weeks. I really want to try and explore many different topics. I am lucky that we have a center with incredible classes that is not too far away from me.

At the moment I am also trying to learn Italian as my older brother recently bought a second home in the town my maternal grandparents were born. My brother and his wife are going on a work/hang out with our relatives trip in April (for three weeks!) and made me an offer I could not refuse (they are treating me to all). So we will go to Milan to look for furniture, fixtures, doors, etc. and to Cassamassima for two weeks (my brother can talk to a construction crew as a few things will be changed and I can get to meet my relatives and explore the town where my grandparents on my mom's side grew up). I am not mentioning this my brother or his wife, but I bought a three month subscription to Rossetta Stone and am trying to spend at least one hour a day (I might have to increase that!) so I can at least talk a little. My maternal grandmother never learned to speak English and I understood her perfectly as a child. So, we shall see!! So good to hear from you. Take care. K
karen z is offline   Reply With Quote