View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 11:43 AM   #38
donocco

Re: Treatment after Kadcyla?

Jules

Ive wondered about that myself the Kadycla -Herceptin as carrier thing. Not even close to being sure. The dose of Hereceptin given weekly is 4mg/kg loading dose then 2 mg/kg weekly IV. Not 100% sure of these numbers but will double-chek.The dose of Hereptin every 21 days is 8mg/kg loading dose then 6mg/kg every 3 weeks. Pretty sure of this but will doublecheck.

The dose of Kadcycla the drug that consists of Herceptin- Emtansine conjugate is 3.6mg/kg every three weeks. Will doublecheck this but Im pretty sure. I apologize for the nonstop apologizing but its hard to accurately keep all of these numbers in your head.

To make things more confusing the dose of an experimental drug XXX-985, whatever which is an experimental Herceptin-Chemo conjugate like Kadcycla
is 2.1mg/kg every 3 weeks.

All of these differing Herceptin doses are going to given differing blood levels of Herceptin. Ill call Genentech or whoever makes Kadcyla about this. I find it difficult to believe you dont get a therapeutic dose of Herceptin with kadcycla
but if you do, why are the doses of plain Herceptin much higher than the Herceptin conjugates. Im sure there is a rational reason.

Paul
donocco is offline   Reply With Quote