View Single Post
Old 07-13-2016, 08:29 AM   #65
VDC

Re: I think I'm in trouble!

Thanks Becky! Yes, they warned me about the hives and perhaps feeling like I had the flu for 4-6 hours.

I find it particularly interesting that my white blood count is below normal......even without any treatment. This is my pretreatment levels. I wonder if my low white blood count could be a piece of why I have this cancer to begin with!

The Leukine is part of trial and given to everyone, both those in the active arm and those in the placebo arm. From my perspective even if I was in the placebo arm boosting my immune system can only be a good thing!

They are enrolling 48 patients, 32 of which will be in the active arm and 16 in the placebo arm. All will receive Leukine and the 32 will receive the vaccine as well.

I was told I am the FIRST to enroll! That would make me nervous except this vaccine has been used in women with later stage cancer and it has been highly effective for those that achieved NED. In fact, 94% remain cancer free after 10 years (I think it was 10 years but dont' hold me to that) Compared to the placebo arm where 78% remained cancer free after 5 years. (yes I think the years of study were different because they followed the active arm longer) But don't hold me to that either. I'm going off of memory here.

So, being the first to enroll doesn't worry me. It does make me wonder if it increases my odds of being in the active arm though? hmm..........only time will tell.
VDC is offline   Reply With Quote