View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 11:13 AM   #61
VDC

Re: I think I'm in trouble!

Carol Ann, Thanks....actually I found it funny. I am NOT an alarmist and I just stood there stunned for a few minutes until I figure out exactly what had happened. Then I found it rather humorous!

I suspect there WILL be more biopsies in my future given the clinical trial that I am joining. I have already decided that prior to surgery I want another MRI and biopsy of the second site. This is because in the second site, there was only ONE DCIS which usually isn't even considered cancer. You have to have THREE in the pathology for it to be considered DCIS. With my history, they counted that one as DCIS, but I will want to be very sure before surgery and will demand a second biopsy of that site before surgery. ....especially since I will have had the immunotherapy and NO ONE knows what effect immunotherapy has on DCIS. In the only other trial for immotherapy and DCIS (not the same treatment I am receiving), in 40% of the ER-, PR- HER 2 3+ DCIS there remained NO DCIS at all after SIX weeks of treatment.

So, given the ONE in the second site and the history of immunotherapy in DCIS I will demand a second biopsy of that site prior to surgery. This is the same site that just "exploded" on me!

Isn't this quite the adventure? ;-)
VDC is offline   Reply With Quote