View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 09:55 AM   #5
Mary Anne in TX

Hi Chelee!
I've been on herceptin since May of '06 and am continuing for I don't know how long. You can see below what the other stuff was that I took along with herceptin. I am not real knowledgeable about any of this but, about 2 months ago, when I was through with the radiation for a bit, I began to notice that my body was changing. The body fat (including breast size - one left) was decreasing rather quickly. That is the thing that puzzled me about 7 years before I was diagnosed - breast size increased and hair became a bit wavy. My hair is curly from the chemo, but it seems to me that with the herceptin alone, my body is going back to "normal". Everything inside of me believes that the herceptin is allowing my body to return to what it needs to be to take care of me. It may be totally whacky, I admit, but I am so grateful that my onc has not stopped the herceptin yet. He won't say how long he will keep me on, but every month feels right for now. I think we're doing a watch and see thing. Good luck on getting the results you want and need. We are in such an unknown territory, but, like you, I'd like to keep it up a little longer. I also think the gals who stay on seem to benefit! ma

Diag. 12/05 at age 60
Stage II, Grade 3, 4.5 cm primary tumor
ER/PR- Her2 +3 strongly positive
Her2 by FISH 7.7 amplified
vascular invasion
Ki67 20% borderline
Jan - March '06 Taxotere/Adriamycin X 3 to try to shrink tumor - it grew
April '06 Rt Modified Radical Mas, 7 of 9 nodes positive
April - Aug. '06 Herceptin/Taxol/Carboplatin X 8 (dose dense)
Sept - Dec. '06 Navelbine/Herceptin x 8 (dose dense)
Radiation & Herceptin Jan. 22 - March 1, 2007
Finished Herceptin Dec. 10 '08! One extra year.
Port removed August, 2012.
8 1/2 years since diagnosis! 5 1/2 Years NED!
Mary Anne in TX is offline   Reply With Quote