View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 01:24 PM   #11
Westcoastgirl

Re: Long term survivors

Hi Skip, glad to see you over here and as usual these wonderful women have come to share their stories. You have found your way to an absolutely great site. These are just a few of all the women on here that have had mets but fought and are here years and years later to tell their stories. Some are simply better and have moved on from this site. Keep up the support and your wife will come to grips with her bc. She will carry on and you will find balance and joy once again. The beginning is always hard but after a while she will become an old hand at it, knowing the nurses, feeling comfortable with her onc, and once again feeling like she has much to live for. Attitude carries you a long ways. She is lucky to have you with her and the fact that you are persistent and caring will carry the day. All the best, Carolyn
1/15/09 double mastectomy/skin sparing; no evidence of vascular/lymphatic invasion, 8neg/8 nodes (tumor 8.0mm)
2/16/09 given portacath/removed 4/30/10
2/18/09 "surprise" 2.0mm tumor/positive borders~
completed 28 rads 10/09.
2/23/09 until 4/19/10~treatments every 3wks (4 Cytoxan + Adriamycin, 4 Taxol + Herceptin, 13 Herceptin alone)
8/09 osteoporosis diagnosis/Zometa 3 yrs of 1x/6 months
Chemo side effects; Deafness, kidney function loss
11/09 began Aromatase Inhibitor (Femara)/Feb2014, stopped Femara early/after 3 mos began Tamoxifen for 8 mos to complete 5 years
11/10 Reconstruction, directly to silicone implants
12/11 nipples by skin graft/Right breast size reduced

I have heard th
ere are troubles of more than one kind

Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have trouble with me!
Dr. Seuss
Westcoastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote