View Single Post
Old 05-12-2007, 09:37 AM   #1
Erin

Really Gross Topic - but I need your advice!

Well, just when you think it can't get any more humiliating.....

I am at day 4 of my 5th round of TCH, and as usual have been experiencing some constipation from the chemo and the anti-nausea drugs. I took Peri-colace for the consitipation during round 4 with good results and so have been taking it prophalactically this time as well. Today when I went to the bathroom I had some rectal bleeding - more than a little, but not a lot (make sense?). Actually thought I had come out of chemopause and started my period! I am not really constipated, so I am not straining, but I do have pre-existing hemroids (gotta love the scars of childbirth!).

So, here is my question...I really DON'T want to trot down to my local urgent care and get checked out for THIS. I think it would just send me over the edge about now. But, I don't want to be cavalier about it either. I know in non-chemo-land, this would not really be cause for alarm unless it continues, but since I am on chemo should I worry about infection? My WBC and RBC's were pretty good one day pre-chemo this time...low but just barely. What do you all think? Anyone experience anything like this?

Thanks
SNB 3 nodes clear
Stage 1, Grade 2, HER2+++ (FISH 6.8)
ER + / PR +
TCH, 6 rounds, finished 6/1/07!!!
Herceptin to continue for 1 year
36 rads finished 8/22/07
Port out 8/27/07
Switched to Herceptin weekly for joint pain
Ooph 11/13/07
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote