View Single Post
Old 08-12-2006, 10:58 PM   #9
julierene

I think it is the same spot. So I guess he wants to rule out scar tissue. One thing I didn't realize, was that we hadn't done a liver MRI since my Stage 4 dx in December. So for 9 months now, we have been using the PET for my liver and rest of my body. The only thing he doesn't do is check for brain mets. I am not sure why he doesn't like to scan there... he just says that the symptoms are good enough to not have to worry about doing brain MRI's all the time. I've had 1 back in December because I pushed him on the topic, not knowing for sure that I didn't have brain mets.

Turns out my bone scan looks same as last time with no new hot spots. My CA markers went down from 12 to 9 since March. In March, I had NED. In May, I stopped the chemo and did Herceptin every 3 weeks. Now, 3 months later, we did a routine scan to see if the Herceptin is working. What I didn't realize was that the complete response was based on PET scans. It's possible that this is just residual scar tissue from the masses that were initially there. I have my doubts, but I can at least hope for now. I would be thrilled to have a false positive!

Last edited by julierene; 08-12-2006 at 11:03 PM..
julierene is offline   Reply With Quote