View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 08:55 PM   #11
Lovemyboys3

Re: Recently diagnosed @ 33 and scared

Thank you all for your kind and encouraging words. They have really put my mind and heart at ease.

'lizbeth - I will be having my double mastectomy on Monday Aug. 19th as I have already waited the long 4 weeks. I am having the Diap reconstructive surgery the same day. My BC is on the left but I was advised with my age and being Her2+ it is wise to remove both. So I decided to do so. I really didn't even give it a second thought.
My Onc told me I would have at least 18 wks - 6 chemo treatments along with Herceptin weekly at first and then on going for the first year. She did mention to me the clinical trials but I was in such a fog at the time it really didn't sink in. Because the out come of the lymph nodes may make a difference in treatment we decided to talk more about my options after my surgery. I will have 4 weeks of recovery time and will begin the herceptin and chemo treatments.

I originally had a doc that I wasn't quite comfortable with and who I just didn't feel gave me what I needed. So I decided to go with team of docs recommended by my cousin who is a 1 year survivor of triple neg bc at 43. (Note we both have had the BRAC testing and were negative.)

I am crazy nervous about my surgery but I know I am in good hands. I was in a such a bad state for a while, and still have my bad days, but all of you wonderful women and men have helped lift my spirits.

I will keep all of you wonderful, brave women in my prayers.

Thank you all!

Nydia
Lovemyboys3 is offline   Reply With Quote