View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 07:13 AM   #18
rinaina

Update on vertigo and Happy Thanksgiving to all....

Thank you for all your input, concern and suggestions. I saw the ENT dr on Monday and they did a hearing test and exam. In my left ear, which is the one I have a history of ear infections with many years ago, I have a very minimal loss of hearing. The doctor examined me and found some scar tissue in this ear due to the years of tubes I had placed. He believes I am most likely dealing with an inner ear problem but ordered an ENG test that will be done next week. If the findings are inconclusive after those tests, he said he would order an MRI. My onc is in agreement with this game plan for now. Last night I had my most severe bout with vertigo along with a killer headache, (almost felt like sinus headache), and some nausea as well, but this morning I feel fine.
Jean, just wanted to mention that I was er/pr negative so I am not on any aromatise inhibitors but thanks for thinking of that.
Will be out of town day after Thanksgiving for a week. Heading south for some much needed r & r and warmth, (we hope). Will check back as soon as I know anything more. Thanks again for your help and support. Wishing everyone a wonderful and warm Thanksgiving.
AC 4 dense doses
34 radiation treatments including booster doses
receiving herceptin every 3 weeks since late August 2006 for 12 months
rinaina is offline   Reply With Quote