View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 08:19 PM   #15
Paty

Re: My Wife Rachel Was Just Diagnosed With HER-2+ Breast Cancer (Please Help ...)

Dear Benjamin & Rachel,

You have come to a great site. We all here have been BC patients Her2+ and have experienced at different levels how this illness behaves and how we deal with it. We all understand how you feel and how terrible this time looks, but listen, we all have gone the same path and there are lots of successful stories here that will orient and support your questions and doubts when you experience the "...and now what?" moment. For what you tell us in your story, seems like doctors are taking the standard procedure to deal with the illness. I had Herceptin for a year after having 6 infusion of FAC, one every 3 weeks, i had a quadrantectomy and radiation as I kept my breast, Neupogen after each chemo to upbring my immune system. It has been 7 years since that, and I am here living a normal and happy life. Have faith, faith in your doctors, faith in your body, faith in yourself that things are going to turn out fine. keep a positive mind and please let us know ow things develop. We are here to listen and support you.
ER-PR+,her2+++
6 FAC
32 Rads
Dx. Lung fibrosis due to radiation
Ended 1 year herceptin in March, 2008
Paty is offline   Reply With Quote