View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 08:11 AM   #1
rinaina

weddings and surgery

Been lurking on and off but haven't written in quite a while. My daughter's wedding is July 5 and it has all but consumed all of us! In 2 weeks I will be the mother of the bride for the very first time and I am filled with such pride and joy. It is so nice to have something so wonderful happening in our lives. This has been an interesting year. I was diagnosed with hyperparathyroidism and will be having surgery the Friday following the wedding, July11. I will have to be hospitalized overnight at a minimum because they will need to monitor my calcium levels as well as my kidneys. I have already had some kidney disfunction due to this condition. The prognosis is good thank goodness. My husband suffered a major silent heart attack on April 24, (following a difficult tax season for him, he is a CPA), but also thank goodness he is doing very well. He is 58 and in great shape. He works out 5 -6 days a week and is not overweight. Go figure. Genetics was what worked against him. His father died at 45 of a major heart attack. He is probably the last person anyone ever expected to have heart attack. I am writing this to all of you to let you know that he had no symptoms other then a little bit of heart burn, so please, do not take any symptom lightly, no matter how incidental it may seem.
On the breast cancer front, I had my check up with my oncologist and all is great. That is the kind of news I love to hear. Oh by the way, my surgeon agrees. My breast surgeon also specializes in parathyroid and thyroid surgery so I didn't have to look to far for an expert in that field...woo hoo! Well now that you are updated, I will be in contact as soon as I can after surgery but in the meantime keep me in your prayers please.
Rina
AC 4 dense doses
34 radiation treatments including booster doses
receiving herceptin every 3 weeks since late August 2006 for 12 months
rinaina is offline   Reply With Quote