View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 04:55 PM   #12
dawn

I know what you are saying. I think Im in a better place right now with my chemo finally over but I was terrified at first, not knowing anything and trying to find out all the information I can. I still have my days where I get terrified then I decide that with the support of my friends, the grace of God and for the love of my children, I will fight this with all I have and become the better for it. Information and Education is the key to fear, not knowing and not understanding I find more fearful than anything. Hold on, Hang in there and don't be afraid of your feelings. Everyone hear has been there and are walking the same path. Its hard sometimes to be positive but I find for the most part, once I have my bad time, if I can shake it off and be positive, even for my kids, I feel so much better. Don't be afraid to let your kids lead you for awhile. I have a 2 year old and a 5 year old. Some days I just find impossible until I look at them a I find all my strength come from them. They are little miracles when they are born and they will always be my little miracles. Good Luck and keep us in the loop.
Dawn

Mar 2006Stage IIIA, Her2/Neu 3+++, Er & Pr positive, 8 of 18 pos 03/14/06: Mastectomy 04/19/06 started Chemo adriamycin, chlophosphamide, taxotere 25 rads
Nov 1, 06: 3 years Tamoxifen, Herceptin (1yr)
Jan 2009 Femara mets to bone aromasin and aredia
June2009: Full Histerectomy
2/22/2010 6 spots in liver 2 mm-10 mm: switched to xeloda and Herceptin will continue with Aredia J
Scan February 2011 new onc, switch to abraxane
April 2011 NED clear organs, 3 spots on bone scar tissue.
Scans August 2mm spot on liver and lungs. now on to tykerb/xeloda
Dec 2011 scans nothing on lungs, liver down to 1 2 mm spot. j
une 2012 another spot on liver on to cisplatin/gemzar.

dawn is offline   Reply With Quote