View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 08:48 PM   #17
RhondaH

Sandy...

Yes, I buy as MUCH organic as I can AND I went to a lecture here in Grand Rapids recently called "What will we eat?"...VERY interesting. Talked about how a person should eat the food that is not only grown locally BUT what is prevalent in that area during each season (i.e. here in Michigan, NATURALLY, the root crop is prevalent during the winter so eat the winter fruits and vegetables NOT the strawberries from across the country or OUT of the country), because I eat from ALL food groups it is hard to do this. I also got a listing of local organic growers so that when I move next month, I can buy fresh and in bulk from them and will freeze the food when it is in season. The salmon I buy is wild as I agree that the farm raised are not raised "naturally". I eat NO processed foods (unless it's my "treat day" and quite honestly, on my treat day I would rather a homemade good rather than a processed one). I AM however eating what is left of our CANNED fruits and vegetables just to get rid of them prior to moving next month. I am checking into seeing a naturopath prior to my completing Herceptin in Aug...just for added insurance.Take care and God bless.

Rhonda
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote