View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 03:14 PM   #8
R.B.

Re: A must watch - Risk Breast cancer and vitamin D 50-80% risk reduction

Dr T a nephrologist (a link form Ted's site) says

http://nephropal.blogspot.com/search/label/vitamin%20d

Please discuss supplementation and dietary change with your doctor. I simply try to bring you what is being discussed.

Dr T says on his blog site

"Why an optimal level of 50-70 ng/ml? There are more than 30 organs in the body that contain Vitamin D receptors - not just the bone but heart, white blood cells, brain, breast tissue, parathyroid glands, etc. The Disease Incidence Prevention chart (click) by Grassroots Health says it all.

* Breast Cancer: At a level of 32 ng/ml, breast cancer risk is reduced by 30%. At a level of 50 ng/ml, risk decreases by 83%!

* Multiple Sclerosis: A level at 42 ng/ml - risk decreases by 33%. A level at 54 ng/ml, risk decreases by 54%

* Type I Diabetes: At level of 34 ng/ml, there is a 25% decreased risk. A level of 53 ng/ml, gives a 66% reduction.

. . .

If it is true that there is an 83% reduced risk of breast cancer at a level of 50 ng/ml, then at least 83% of women should not be getting breast cancer. Since this information is public, it is insane not to do anything about it.

The current RDA value for daily Vitamin D supplementation requirement is 400 IU. This recommendation is horribly low. Most of my patients in the office require 2000 IU to 6000 IU daily of Vitamin D3. Some are at 8000-10000 IU daily.

To read more about Vitamin D go to Vitamin D Council or Grassroots Health."
R.B. is offline   Reply With Quote