View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 11:24 AM   #8
'lizbeth

Re: Clinical Trial Participation Tied to Improved Breast Cancer Outcomes

Jackie,

Well I don't fall in love with my doctors . . . I'm paying them to be part of my professional health care team. I appreciate them for what they do to help me maintain good health.

I don't want my surgeons to monitor my oncologist, or my radiologists. Oncologists and radiologists are highly trained professionals who can make their own professional decisions on my behalf.

I would prefer surgeons to focus on improving surgery, and not take on the supervision of other areas. An alert system for surgeons to let them know if patients don't complete treatment in other areas - no thank you. Stay out of the decisions that should be left up to myself and other professionals.

The information is over 5 years old. The outcome of the study shows the principal investigator's biases.

I see strong signs that the industry is moving towards personalized medicine, away from always including chemo and radiation therapy. New science is starting to show that "compliance" in these areas is not necessary to have good results.

Dr Dooley and his associates should look for a more constructive way to spend research money.

Last edited by 'lizbeth; 01-02-2014 at 11:25 AM.. Reason: clarification
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote