Thread: Struggling
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 11:45 AM   #23
mmoons

oh my...

All of your sage advice and loving words makes me so glad I finally "dumped" my emotions and posted to you all. I am so touched...and so grateful. Reading each of your posts is like a balm and I will come back and read them over and over...and maybe be less weepy each time...I am so moved all your loving words!

Jean, you asked an excellent question. I called my oncologist, who, as terrific and well-respected as she is, has no ego issues. She explained that the 6 months of Herceptin is the final leg of the clinincal trial. We can and will adjust the treatment plan if needed. She assured me that we would be watching and scanning...and she will not take her eyes off me. Lovely.

I feel better today....lighter. And all of your kindness and loving support is a huge reason for that. I CHOOSE to live and cherish in this moment. I may slip now and then but right now I feel good. My most heartfelt thanks, sisters!

Maureen

My loves

IDC & DCIS, HER2+++ Diagnosis: October 1, 2008
  • Tumor: 6.8 centimeters, never showed on mammograms
  • ER-/PR-
  • November 2008: Sentinal Lymph node surgery. 6 out of 9 lymph nodes with cancer
  • Stage IIIc
  • Lapatinib Clinical Trial start: November, 2008
  • Surgery: May 5, 2009
  • Started Herceptin: May 19, 2009
  • Started Radiation (33 rounds): June 10, 2009
  • September 2009: Moved to Michigan to be closer to family
  • 12/09 - still on Herceptin until May 2010
  • August 2010: Port out, port out, port out port out port port port out port ooooout...da da da dant! (to the music of the Pink Panther)
Blog: http://moonsfamily.blogspot.com
mmoons is offline   Reply With Quote