View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 02:03 PM   #9
sddinkinsmom

Re: Tamoxifen Issues

pinkpeonie
I don't have the research that supports that it is only 1% chance of helping, but I am with you all the way. Reading all these posts......it is a really tough drug for some of us. And for others they don't seem to notice the SE. And I am so happy for them. I have had a horrible time with the tamoxifen as well. So much so that I had a few scans done also last week to rule out cancer...all where negative, thank goodness. But after much research and multiple trips to OBGYN and onc. I was told a total hysterectomy and bilat. oophorectomy is what would be best for me. Also I was told that I could try out all the AI's to see what would be best option for me and if they seemed worse than the tamoxifen I could go back on that also. I think there are lots of options out there. I understand why people just stop this drug and don't look back. I have 4 young girls and they are not teens yet, but with as bad as I was feeling I was worried about those upcoming years, b/c I have a hard enough time right now. We do have choices, but I am with you all the way that quality time with our families while we are here on this earth is very, very important, and only another in the same boat will understand that, b/c I feel like there will not be a medical person who gives the head knod for us to come off tamoxifen to improve our quality of life.....and I am a nurse.
Best of luck and do your digging and research to find your best options.
sddinkinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote