View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 01:47 AM   #10
Lien

Hi Rachelle,

I'm so glad you found us, although I wish you didn't need us. Many on this list are living with metastastatic breast cancer and they are living well. I can understand why you are frightened and confused right now. There are many options open to you, though and sometimes it takes time to find the right one for you. We are all looking forward to hearing more from you and if you need anything at all: just ask.

It's almost impossible to give a timeframe for survival, as every situation is different. That's why doctors cant tell you what your future looks like. But do any of us ever know? I know women who are still alive and doing well more than ten years after their mets diagnosis. Some of them are NED (No Evidence of Disease). I know women who have had several recurrences and they are still around. There is a lot of hope and new therapies are being tested as we speak.

Let us know what we can do for you!

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote