View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 07:04 PM   #2
Laurel

Hi, Rachelle, and welcome though I am saddened that you are joining us. You say you are recently "rediagnosed" with mets. Am I correct in assuming you were not previously Stage IV? I am sure this new status is frightening. I can hear your brain whirling! This, of course, is very natural and you'd be an ostrich if you did not have serious trepidation over the new diagnosis.

Fortunately there are many persons on this site who have done the "navybean" and Herceptin thing. I am sure they will be chiming in shortly with sage words of comfort and wisdom. If you look, Rachelle, you will find many Stage IV gals and guys who have lived and are living many, many years after their initial diagnosis. I know they say there is no cure for BC, however I think in terms of living until a cure has been found. With all the new treatments, vaccines, and new targeted therapies, surviving until the cure comes is the goal.

You strike me as a fighter, Rachelle. We are glad to have your back while you take on this enemy face to face. Come here with your fears and questions and be at home with folks who know what you are going through.

I will pray you have a peaceful night tonight and that fear is kept at bay so you may rest.

Smile On!
Laurel

Dx'd w/multifocal DCIS/IDS 3/08
7mm invasive component
Partial mast. 5/08
Stage 1b, ER 80%, PR 90%, HER-2 6.9 on FISH
0/5 nodes
4 AC, 4 TH finished 9/08
Herceptin every 3 weeks. Finished 7/09
Tamoxifen 10/08. Switched to Femara 8/09
Bilat SPM w/reconstruction 10/08
Clinical Trial w/Clondronate 12/08
Stopped Clondronate--too hard on my gizzard!
Switched back to Tamoxifen due to tendon pain from Femara

15 Years NED
I think I just might hang around awhile....

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote