View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 02:09 PM   #8
Chelee

Re: serious earaches---navelbine side effect??

Hi Tricia,
The pounding in my ears had me worried about heart problems too? The strange thing was it happened only on the 1st three days after my Navelbine infusion. Never happened while I was awake...only after I went to sleep...woke me up each morning between 4:00 & 5:00 AM. It was such loud pounding. I didn't mention that I would also have a rapid heart beat when I woke up. My pulmonary doc actually asked, "are you sure your not just having a nightmare?" (Ridiculous question.) Like you...I wasn't getting much sleep either...it was a real problem for me. I sure hope your onc can find out what's going on and make you more comfortable.

The Navelbine is usually known for causing constipation. So in a sense I think your lucky after what I experienced. HA. It was the worse possible constipation I've ever had in my life! I think Shelia was the only other one that experienced the opposite affect like you are. I'm so glad something as simple a milk of magnesia is doing the job for you. Keep me updated...I curious as to what they say about the pounding in your ears? Have you had a rapid heart beat at times? I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote