View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 11:44 AM   #7
TriciaK

Re: serious earaches---navelbine side effect??

Chelee, thanks so much for your posts! It is so good to have someone else verify a particular problem so you know you aren't alone or crazy!! I hadn't mentioned the pounding-in-my-ears heart beat, but I definitely have that too. Since I have a weakened heart I just assumed it was part of the heart problem! Between the ringing in my ears, the terrible earache and the heartbeat pounding, I am not getting much sleep! Things are a little bit better on the benydrl but not much. I will make it through the day and get the blood tests tomorrow so we can go from there. Since the NP suggested a dropping WBC count may be the problem I am hoping they can counteract that so I can stay on the navelbine. I noticed that the link you sent discussed constipation being another side effect---so far I had the opposite effect. I did have constipation earlier and my oncologist suggested milk of magnesia. My husband was amazed---that was his dear old mom's solution when he was a boy. He said he didn't know it was still used! But just a tablespoon day or night works wonders for me and in a very short time. Plus I can take anything if it is flavored with mint! I'll keep you posted! And again, thanks! I don't know what I'd do without all the great posts on this site! Hugs, Tricia
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote