View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 11:35 PM   #4
TriciaK

Re: serious earaches---navelbine side effect??

Thank you for your helpful comments! I did call my oncologist's NP (whom I really like) yesterday (Friday).She thought the problem was indeed with the navelbine. She suspects that my white cells are dropping and causing allergy-like problems. She recommended that I start benedryl right away and if I need to, come right in for my blood tests that day.Since Friday is the clinic's half day it would have necessitated oncolgy nurses staying late. Besides I was dressed in my jammies and it would have taken awhile to get ready. My blood tests are scheduled for Monday anyway, so I opted to wait until then, but started the benedryl right away. The benedryl helped somewhat and along with extra tylenol has helped me get through the weekend with less anxiety and discomfort. I will get the blood tests Monday and then see my oncologist Tuesday, when I am also scheduled to start my herceptin infusion. (Either the onc or the NP see me each time I have herceptin/chemo). It is somewhat up in the air, of course, what the final decision will be about continuing the navelbine with the herceptin or adding something else to raise the WB cells. Has anyone taken herceptin alone? I need to do the strongest defense I can because the chances are very possible that my ejection fraction may start dropping again with the herceptin treatment. I am hoping I can keep it up at least 6 months, and every month longer would be a bonus. There are many variables, but I trust my team. This website is also very valuable to me and the things I share and learn about here give me a lot of confidence. I am most grateful! I'll post here or on the main site when I find out the results Monday and Tuesday. At least at this point I feel I have options! Hugs, Tricia
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote