View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 06:56 AM   #1
TriciaK

serious earaches---navelbine side effect??

I am having really painful earache on both sides, sort of like a really bad toothache, but on both sides of my jaws in and around my ears. I noticed something similar last month when my onc put me on just navlebine, now I just started navelbine and herceptin again after stopping treatment for three weeks for a trip. The pain is constant and excruciating and seems to also be affecting swallowing. I had navelibine with my first 6 months of herceptin 5 years ago and did not have the same problem. I suspect the navelbine rather than the herceptin because I noticed similar but less severe pain after the two navelbine treatments in August. Has anyone else had a similar reaction to navelbine? If it is the navelbine, will herceptin be as affective without it? The BC has returned to the same place it was 5 years ago, in my right lung. I will see the oncologist Tuesday and am scheduled for weekly herceptin/navelbine. Would appreciate any comments or suggestions, as always. Thanks so much! Hugs, Tricia
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote