View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 02:58 AM   #1
jones7676

Location: I live in Christmas, MI - located on the shores of Lake Superior.
Smile Hello and Good News So Far

Hello to all of you who have been helping me and following my challenges. You probably remember my U.P. disaster with the brain portion...IT IS DOING GOOD!

I've been so busy etc. with scans etc as you may recall and travel for treatment to my brain and I must admit kind of afraid to post here until I heard something....

I traveled to Chicago and had my MRI and met with Dr. and the 2 big mets have decreased greatly in size and they feel the Gamm Knife is a great success. The other 3 little white spots are completely gone.

What I am particularly happy about is thier knowledge of the side effects of being on the Decadron way too long..and started at too high a dose (in case you did not remember that part) they have put me on an antibiotic that I take 3 times per week until I am weaned off it.

I have been catching upper respiratory (sp?) infections over and over again and this can be one of the side effects of it and that is why they think it is happening. I get my shot after each chemo and my counts look wonderful yet I catch things. Of course, I hope they are right as you know I am also having chest mets treated..would prefer this explanation to chemo failure. But I also could have both even if it is working or not.

Also, while I am on the elimination plan for 3 weeks because it was too high a dose and so long my ole body may take up to 6 to surrender to going without it. So, anytime I am not doing well I am to call them and they will adjust it.

Thursday I find out the results of my chemo scan, of course I hope it is good....but this info also allows me to fax info to the place in Detroit that is considering me for a clinical trial and now increases my odds of qualifying for other clinical trials I may be considered for.

Since I haven't been on the site or the computer as much as I wanted, once again I will be real busy looking at what is available and where so I have my computer homework cut out for me.

I am also hoping to feel good enough to get out in the yard as it is finally spring and my friends have given me bulbs to plant to increase my hope and my labrador has turned 10 months old and she is very "energetic" about celebrating the spring weather!

I just wanted to share the positive news....with those of you who help me, encourage me, keep me hoping, and helped me make it through the portion of the winter when I was the most depressed I've ever been.

Right now at least I am winning part of the fight!

10/03 Radical Mastectomy 3 cm tumor - 1/17 Nodes Stage II B, Her 2 +++ ER-/PR- 11/03 4 AC 4 Taxol 12/05 Stage IV - Lung met , Bone mets - Carbo, Taxotere, Herceptin 9/06 - 2 cm brain tumor 10/06 - Tumor removal surgery - Herceptin Halted 12/06 gamma knife tumor base.1/07 Navelbine/Herceptin 4/07 Rads to R femur 5/07 Stereotactic - new 2 cm brain tumor 4/07 Start Xeloda 5/07 Tykerb added 7/07 Brain MRI clean 10/07 .055 cm brain met found. 12/07 Stereotactic -1 cm brain tumor Start Tykerb 11/07 Abraxane/Herceptin 5/08 Cisplatin, Gemcitabine/Herceptin 6/08 Stereotactic to 1cm 9/08 Stereotactic repeat (growth). 11/08 Pet Scan Good but new tiny met on L lung/dead Brain surgery (no cancer cells found/scar tissue) 1/09 Chemo restarted 2/09 Pet Scan Bad - R larger very active/active L active lymph nodes both sides of chest MRI- mets slight increase 2/09 Start Doxil/Tykerb Treatment
jones7676 is offline   Reply With Quote