View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 06:32 PM   #1
Mary Jo

Another 8 year gal....ME

Hello my sweet her2 friends....

I thought I should chime in with the rest of the 8 year club to say I am an 8 year survivor too. June 24, 2005 I was diagnosed. Like the rest of you, it is a day I will never forget. I am including a post I posted on Facebook on my 8 year diagnosis day and I'd like to share it with you all here. Hugs and love to each of you. (What I posted on Facebook is below)

Eight years ago today, my world changed forever. God has used these years to draw me closer to Himself and I am incredibly grateful. He has shown me what is truly important and Who it is all about. We are all "terminal" and no one knows what tomorrow (or the next minute) holds. No one that is, but God. Believe and trust in Him (John 3:16) and you have nothing to fear. A very dear friend put ...a note near by computer at work a few years ago. I tucked her note into my Bible and come upon it often....the note said........"Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." Psalm 90:12! Yes, He has taught me to appreciate each and every day that He has given me and to Whom I should live each one of those days. Sweet blessings to each one of you, my friends. I'm thankful for you.
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED

<>< Romans 8:28

Last edited by Mary Jo; 06-26-2013 at 06:44 PM..
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote