Thread: DS-8201A Trial
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 06:35 PM   #2
Lucy

Re: DS-8201A Trial

I can't speak specifically to the trial you mention but my chemo drugs were a/c and taxol. I can't remember if it was when I was on the a/c or the taxol (I think it was taxol, just not positive) when I noticed some vision changes. I had had surgery the week before I started chemo and so I thought I had done something to cause the changes in my vision but I still mentioned it to my oncologist and was told it was a side effect of the chemo. Apparently it causes the "lens" in the eye to move. What happens is sometimes I see perfectly fine and other times I have blurry vision - sometimes it's only one eye, sometimes it's both. I've been told it's permanent.

As I said, I can't speak specifically to the trial you mention but I wonder if it's something similar to my experience and maybe they just want to be able to track any changes. It can't hurt to have a snapshot of what everything looks like before so they can track the changes.

Hopefully someone else will have more direct experience to speak to your question but that's my two cents worth.

Good luck and keep us posted on the progress of your wife.
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote