Thread: The good week
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 09:04 AM   #7
freyja

Re: The good week

What you describe is very common. I used to plan to be pretty low down for a few days after treatment, and scheduled the things I had to do for the week before treatment.
Lymphedema is a risk, but doesn't always happen to everyone. I had 17 nodes removed and just spent 24 hours flying home from Uruguay, and no swelling. She does need to be cautious of cuts and injuries to that arm though. That's when problems can start. Just keep some neosporin around to help treat scrapes and scratches and gardening gloves if she plans to be pulling any weeds!
Thanks for keeping in touch and being there for her so supportively. Treatment can work. Keep it up.
Celeste

"Dancers Against Cancer" in the Eugene, OR Komen Race for the Cure 2010
Diagnosed 8/7/08 with stage 3 invasive ductal carcinoma, micropapillary pattern, Her2 3+, ER+,PR-, grade II, positive lymph nodes.
Received 6doses of Taxotere, Carboplatin with Herceptin continuing for a year...DONE.
1/28/09 Left Modified Radical Mastectomy, Right Simple Mastectomy.
Surgery pathology: No invasive carcinoma present and 17 lymph nodes removed all negative! Only small amount of carcinoma in situ in left breast.
March/April '09, Radiation to left chest wall.
Currently involved in Neratinib clinical trial.

"Well being I won
and wisdom too,
I grew and joyed in my growth;
from a word to a word
I was led to a word
from a deed to another deed." (Odin)

freyja is offline   Reply With Quote