View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 08:10 PM   #7
eric

Carol,

I really don't understand how anyone can tell you that you have 10 months to live when there are so many woman that are living proof that, thanks to herceptin and the many new wonderful drugs available for breast cancer, the rules have changed! My wife Caryn was diagnosed with mets to lungs and liver in July of '04 and has been NED (no evidence if disease) since 1/05. As many of the wonderful people on this site will tell you, as their doctors have told them, no one knows for sure any more. Just as I can't sit here and guarantee that you will live for another fifty years, I don't think any doctor can tell you that you have 10 months. No one knows!

I know this is easier said than done, as I live with the fear of losing my wife every day, but try and cherish and enjoy each day knowing that every day and every week brings us closer to the next great drug and possible cure. BC is much more of a managed disease than ever before and with the new technologies available the discoveries seem to be coming at a faster pace than ever before!

Kiss your kids and tell your doc that you choose not to believe him or her!

Warmest regards,
Eric
eric is offline   Reply With Quote