View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 07:59 PM   #8
Pat94

Re: Did anyone NOT lose hair OR nails on TCH protocol? All replies appreciated!

I lost my hair at the start of the 4th week of chemo. It started growing back about 2 months after chemo ended. Mine was slow growing forever but I had enough to take off my caps 6 months after the end of chemo. It is thinner but there.

Lots of people appeared to dislike their wigs. I tried baseball caps and couldn't stand the brim hanging over so went with toboggan caps. As cold as I was all of last winter I was thankful to be wearing them. Accept temporary baldness as a reality and decide how you want to address it in advance.

I only lost 2 toe nails and that was because I stumped my 2 big toes while on blood thinner. It takes a year to have toe nails grow back and I am not sure mine will be by the end of my year. My fingernails are tightly attached but strange colors of pink and white with vertical lines. They shred constantly but they are there. Most people don't notice them being anything but very short.

It will help with neuropathy if you ice your hands and feet during chemo. I found bags of frozen veggies worked well. Some people use ice caps to prevent hair loss but some oncologists don't like them.

Good luck.
Pat94 is offline   Reply With Quote