View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 01:47 PM   #13
Marily

HI, I remained pre- menopausal after my chemo. We tried Lupron and it just did not work..(once they gave me a double dose ouch) We finally did the oophorectomy and it was easy and with no problems after. We did discuss removing everything and My surgeon said he would do a good look and if the uterus was ok the removal would continue with the scope. If there looked to be a problem then he would switch to abdominal Hysterectomy He feels one should not cut up things if there is a question of cancer and therefor would have to change to abdominal lap. to remove the uterus intact. We continue bone scans and so far I have been fine with replacements with vitamin D and Calcitrate twice daily. I too am on the watch for severe bone loss. I also was on tamox. and was told to get off it, by a Dr at an ASCO convention. So with surgical menopause I went on Aromasin. Do have some ot flashes and have noticed loss of sexual feelings. I am highly estrogen and progesterone pos so this was essential for me. Good luck in your choices... You are considering the right way and asking good questions.

hugs