View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 09:30 PM   #1
G. Ann

Help-Change in Microcalcifications

Hi
Your wisdom and comments are needed. Since my mastectomy of left breast in 2004, the remaining right breast has had "loosely clustered" microcalcifications. May 28 mammo showed a change of microcalcifications. I went back to radiology today for new pictures--four magnified shots were taken. Saw radiologist and he said he could not tell if they were benign or malignant but there were "more and they are a tighter cluster." He recommended stereotactic procedure. My concern is I'm small breasted (A cup) and I don't think I have enough breast to hang down in the device. Also, saw plastic surgeon last spring and had kicked around idea for reconstruction. Plastic doc also said results are more satisfactory if he's not matching. In remaining breast I've had three cysts, have had two ultrasounds, and two biopsies. I made appt today with original surgeon to have consultation about just removing the breast and bypassing anymore testing. I would appreciate any input.

P.S. I have a picture of a dancer wearing pink ribbons, with the saying: "To our dreamweavers, soulful singers, and ice-cream eaters. To our hope-filled healers, freedom fighters, boundary breakers, and dance all nighters. To our laugh out louders, mercy givers, band-aid bearers, and peaceful wishers, we celebrate with you, our survivor sisters." (copyright--"high hopes, 2004 my chitchats)

The above sentiments fits this website perfectly. For me right now, I'm the "ice-cream eater." Thanking you in advance for your comments.
Stage 2, 0/18 nodes
TX 4 AC (no taxanes, no radiation)
Hysterectomy 10/04
Began Herceptin 1/06, finished 1/07
G. Ann is offline   Reply With Quote