View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 02:01 PM   #2
Lucy

Re: What about non-orthodox "cures"? Have you tried?

Has your sister discussed changing to a different drug with her oncologist? Maybe one where the side effects aren't as bad? There will likely be side effects with anything she takes but maybe she can find something more tolerable. I've heard that tamoxifen can be rough and some just have to stop taking it due to the side effects.

I was a vegan for 4 years prior to being diagnosed with cancer so, at the least, it didn't prevent it or "cure" it.

If I were your sister, I would talk to my oncologist (and maybe even get a second opinion) and ask what not taking tamoxifen does to her odds of recurrence, given that she's gone through chemo and herceptin treatment. I might even ask (insist) if they could do scans or MRIs to see if there is still cancer left before I made any decisions. Ultimately she will have to decide if what she's going through right now is worth the risk of not taking it.

That all said, healthy eating and exercise don't hurt, although a lot of times it's easier said than done.

I wish you and your sister all the best and hope things get better for her. She's lucky to have you looking out for her like this. Sending cyber hugs . . .
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote