View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 03:41 PM   #8
Bill

Hi Eric. Your post reminded me of when Nikki was facing liver failure. There seem to be some similarities, but keep in mind that it's probably only coincidence. Her bilirubin was creeping up and then it would drop down and then spike, etc. At the same time, she had a problem with her port sort of working it's way out of her chest. It seemed to be infected and inflamed. When her bilirubin spiked at chemo. one day, on the way home, her NP called and said she had a blockage and we should rush her to the ER for surgery. Sorry for the quick version, here, but I could write a book on that day. We found out that she was in a diabetic state, they gave her insulin over her stay in the hospital, and her port site healed right up! Bili. was a different issue, but I noticed over the next 4-6 weeks that whenever her glucose went up, and she was given insulin, the next week her bilirubin count went down. I saw that pattern 3 or 4 weeks in a row, but was told it was just a coincidence. I'm not saying there's anything to it, but maybe check her glucose. Can anyone out there shed a little light on this? Eric, I hope this may help.