View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 02:41 PM   #3
Joy

Scan Results

Well ladies, I'm happy to report that as I continue on T/X my last scan showed an additional 30% reduction in tumor burden in the liver. The last interval showed a 50% reduction. Lungs and bones are exactly the same -nothing new. And brain is normal-well no cancer anyway.

So I think that is good news. I will continue on this tx for as long as possible. I'm tolerating it fairly well and the Minocycline has cleared up my skin dramatically. I'm taking only 100mgs vs the 200 recommended because of dizziness and it is still working. So the lower dose is good. We even discussed 100mgs every other day as a way to get a long run out of it.

We also discussed, if xeloda starts to cause more problems then we will switch to 1 week on-1 week off. there have been good results with that schedule at Sloan Kettering and it has proved to be effective and no maximum toxicity has been reported. We also discussed doing the zometa every 6 weeks rather than every 4. As an experiment as the bones are good and it could afford a break, kind of. And I am on an active treatment anyway.

My blood tests were all great and all function is normal. She said there is still and probably will always be some cihrossis (sp) from the injury to the liver when things went crazy. She said that she has definitely seen that before and is so far not worried. Have any of you ever heard that before?

Love to all of you and thank you SO MUCH FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT AND LOVE!

p.s. I have a date tonight and I am just freaking out! We have talked on the phone quite a bit and laughed a lot. And, get this, I have another one with someone else tomorrow after work for coffee and we have spoken on the phone as well. What if they are weird? What to do, what to do. So I'm off to the shower to start the process of looking like something that someone would want to out with-at almost 40 it takes a lot more work, lotions and potions, lifting and painting. As a comedian once said, "A woman's bathroom vanity should really be called a workbench!"

I'll give you the juice tomorrow!

dx stage I 2/2000*er/pr+; her- per IHC*lumpectomy*4 rounds A/C*30 rads*tamoxifen*dx stage 4 5/2002*huge mets to liver*tiny mets to lungs*stopped tamoxifen*5/02 taxotere/xeloda*her 2 checked with FiSH-her2+++herceptin *2/03 stopped chemo femara w/herceptin*zolodex*04 switched to aromasin w/herceptin*05 high estrogen tx*11/05taxol/carbo*7/06 stopped chemo; megace/herceptin*9/06navelbine/herceptin*5/07tykerb/xeloda great response*4/08 progression in liver; ooph/ faslodex /herceptin
6/08 began Herceptin DM-1
9/08 progression
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote