View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 01:10 AM   #2
KsGal

Re: Questions about strange smell and taste

I don't think you are nuts, and I did have the sweet smell/taste thing you mentioned, although not the plastic. I, too, have the powerport, and I am on herception, but not the same chemo regimen as you are. It started suddenly, and left just as suddenly. I was in a restaurant with my mother and ordered a chicken fried steak (my favorite!), and when the food arrived everything tasted sweet...way over sweet. It went like that for about a week..everything I ate tasted something like sweet tea for lack of any better way to describe. Then after about a week it got less each day and went away. I was on TCH, and everyone had warned me I would alteration in my sense of taste, so I just thought that was what it was.
December 2012 was diagnosed with five brain mets, and had whole brain radiation.
Around July 2014 two mets in brain, one a residual spot and one new one growing in size. Received Cyberknife on both areas
Clear/NED
April 2015 remain NED
KsGal is offline   Reply With Quote