View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 06:02 AM   #2
sarah

Re: My projects: your advice would be appreciated.

Hello Jessica,
I think a book or booklet about this could be very helpful. If you look on this site you will find that many people couldn't take the Aromatase inhibitors (tamoxifen, Femara) as long as proscribed due to side effects. I remember, myself, being told after weekly chemo for 4 months that I should consider a chemo break by the chemo doctor. I said no, I wanted to do it straight through. the very next week I had an anxiety attack when they wheeled in the chemo. The panic attack lasted about 20 minutes and I was able to take the chemo but I realized that however "strong" we try to be, we can sometimes be overwhelmed. However I do not think talking about this with the oncologist is productive and wastes his/her time. Better to bring this up to a support group or a cancer buddy (believe me having someone who has been through this to talk to is extremely important - this site is a perfect example) that is the best solution. These people know how they have coped and how to keep on through those difficult times. I think knowing what may help a person comply would be very helpful. As someone who is part of an active support group, I would like to know anything helpful to tell our cancer patients - ours are not just bc but mainly bc.
Go ahead with your idea. Not only will it help you but possibly many others.
Good luck
Sarah