View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 08:34 AM   #18
WomanofSteel

I have been on herceptin taxol for every 2 weeks since the beginning of June. I lost a lot of my hair , so I shaved it. I also lost most of my brows and lashes and some hair down under. I went off for a month while having scans done and everything seemed to come back. When I went back on, I noticed my hair coming out again, but not as badly. I now have a short crewcut with a receding hairline on the sides in the front, which is lots warmer this winter. I also am starting to lose my lashes and eyebrows again. I don't wear makeup and I am not a girlie girl, so I am having a bit of a dilemma of what to do since my nephew is getting married at the end of June. Between the weight gain and hair loss I am cranky about my appearance, but haven't come up with an answer to my problem. I will prob wear a pantsuit to the wedding, something dressy, and am debating on just being myself and staying out of pics. Maybe you gals have some advice.
bcs 8/4/03
bcs 8/21/03 0/16 nodes
tx 4x ca 36 rad tam
postmenopausal 06 aromasin
sept 07 biopsy node in neck
muga/pet/cat/bone mets to lungs nodes and liver stage iv
tx hki-272
tx not working switched to taxol herceptin
Taxol not working switched to navelbine
navelbine is causing bad neuropathy
starting gemzar
gemzar quit on me now on Ixempra due to increasing number and size of liver mets
another progression starting tykerb/xeloda
WomanofSteel is offline   Reply With Quote