View Single Post
Old 07-29-2006, 06:12 AM   #10
Becky

I have finally decided to reply to this. I have had Herceptin brain for quite a while. I decided to respond now because I was just finishing a complicated memo for work. Again, I could not find the right word to use to get my point across. Many times I have to sit and really think about the right word. I will also, in conversation, describe something since I cannot find the right word sometimes. Also, my eyes tire more easily and it is harder to focus. I did get a brain MRI and my eyes checked. I feel it is the Herceptin (after so much discussion about this). I think this comes on gradually and then all of a sudden you notice its not that good. It takes awhile to suddenly notice.

I have been on Herceptin as an adjuvant over a year now and this phenomenon is very evident now. I just thought it was me - I also am not as motivated at work as I used to be (even when I first returned full force - but I did not start adjuvant Herceptin until almost 5 months after my last chemo and so went back into it without Herceptin).

I started balancing my omega 3/6 early in the game (actually 3 months prior to diagnosis) so if this is supposed to help, who knows what I would be forgetting. My last Herceptin is September 29 so by the new year, we should start a new thread. There are so many women on this board who started Herceptin (like me) after last year's ASCO - the new thread should review this as well as weight loss and other things mentioned in regard to adjuvant Herceptin.

Have a nice weekend

Kind regards

Becky
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote