View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 12:10 PM   #42
NEDenise

Re: Steroid Smackdown Round 3!

Hey Friends!
Busy week ahead...

Avastin #4 tomorrow. Steroids down to 1mg/day!! I think I might be starting to "de-flate" - which is what inspired my choice of cartoon, below! I have to get in all my fat humor before steroids are a mere memory!

Brain MRI - at the crack of dawn - on Tuesday. Then right to the neurologist's office so he can read the "films" and give me the good news.
Funny...I've gotten so used to asking for a disk of the images when I get scanned...then viewing them and self diagnosing...Tuesday will feel weird. I won't have a chance to make up my mind before the expert tells me what he thinks.

Wednesday - nothing medical - unless retail therapy counts!

Thursday - CTs of everything except my brain - man I hate drinking that white glop! I've never read my own CT images before...but my onc is on vacation till Monday...so under the heading of "there's a first time for everything"...I'll learn by doing...and check out the CT disk myself.

Friday - I anticipate a bit of a celebration! Perhaps some sort of adult beverage...since steroids and liquor don't mix...it's been nearly 6 months since I've visited Margaritaville! (on the rocks, with salt - in case you're wondering)

I know several of us are having scans this week. And others are looking for new effective treatments. Please know I'll be praying for all of us this week! We need all the good news we can get!!

Sending love and healing energy to all of you!
Denise
Attached Images

NEDenise is offline   Reply With Quote