View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 11:25 PM   #10
Kavy

Eric,
Sorry to hear that Caryn is having progression. I hope and pray that Ixempra/Herceptin will be the right combo to get rid of the mets.
I am on this regimen since October last year, after having progression with Nalvabine/Herceptin (stayed on it for 18 months), Gemzar/Herceptin (6 months), Xeloda/Herceptin 3 months only), not counting Epirubicin, Cytoxan and Taxotere I had before.
My oncologist is very excited about this combo, he said all his patients on this drug are responding to treatment. I do not know about me yet, because my CT scan will be on Feb 20, I pray it is working for me too.
The side effects of Ixempra the first time for me were very strong, and the doctor lowered the dosaqe. I was very tired the week of treatment with shooting pains all over my body (neuropathy), numbness in hands and feet got worse, no nausea or vomiting, lost my hair for the third time. Since the doctor lowered the dosage, the shooting pains are mild, I still feel tired on the week of the chemo, but not as much. I think my body is starting to show signs of the almost 4 years of non stop chemo. My white and red blood counts are holding normal though, I just missed treatment one time because low white counts, but no need for neulasta or arasnep.
I suggest you go to breastcancer.org, discussion board, recurrence metatastic, and read a long thread named "Ixempra, my Experience", there is a lot of information about side effects there.
Let me know if I can help.
Vickie, let me know if I can be of help for you too.
I pray that Ixempra/Herceptin will bring all of us to NED.
Hugs,
KarlaV.
Kavy is offline   Reply With Quote