View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 06:46 AM   #1
Paula O

Birth Control Pills and Breast Cancer Link

http://bustingbreastcancer.org/american-cancer-society/birth-control-pills-now-linked-to-triple-negative-breast-cancer/

Anybody here looked into research linking birth control pills to breast cancer? One of my teenaged daughters, who is a very healthy, active kid in general, has very difficult menstrual cycles (vomiting, severe cramps, weakness, passing out, having to go to bed with a heating pad a day or two, but no heavy bleeding). We've tried multiple natural supplements to balance her hormones to no avail. I've been hesitant about the standard of care which are birth control pills because of her strong genetic history of breast cancer (me and my husbands sister and 3 of his aunts have/had breast cancer). I had read long ago about a possible link between breast cancer and birth control pills. After trying everything else we can think of and the reassurance of our primary care dr, the GYN, and my oncologist that there is no additional risk to her, she started a couple months ago on birth control pills with some, but not total improvement. Now I just came across this article from 2010. I am hoping the benefits outweigh the risks for her. It looks like the risk increases for those using it over a year.

Paula
Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Eph 3:20
Paula O is offline   Reply With Quote